Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Is it illegal to fit a boiler yourself

On Friday, 11 September 2015 15:45:22 UTC+1, Mr Sandman wrote:
I fitted my last one, can i still fit my own?

Ta

Steve

ISTR there are issues if you fit a boiler for someone else. (ie for money)
But there are no actual laws to stop you fitting your own.
All revolves around competency as others have said.
ISTR there is a course wouldbe gas safe fitters go on but it's a one off event.
https://www.logic4training.co.uk/cou...z7EaAoAM8P8HAQ

The cunning thing to do if you want it checked out is ask someone to do a routine maintenance on it after a few months.

Or say you have just moved in and want it checked out.