Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Small, constant basement leak pipe

On Fri, 11 Sep 2015 11:15:40 -0700 (PDT), Frank
wrote:

I found a dripping leak in the drain down the basement from my kitchen at the nut connection. I suspect a plumber most likely suggest replacing the entire pipe, which would put me in a bind, just for a slow, constant leak at that area. Is there something I can do to stop it from leaking? I would take a picture of it but i am waiting for my nephew with his camera. Not knowing sizes of pipes, but to me it looks like the diameter of a 1 1/2"-2" nut. Thanks

Hard to tell in Brooklyn New York. Nobody knows the composition of the
pipe or if a union/coupling is leaking.