Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default Is it illegal to fit a boiler yourself

"Tim+" wrote in message
TheChief wrote:
"Mr Sandman" Wrote in message:
I fitted my last one, can i still fit my own?

Ta

Steve

Were you Corgi registered when you fitted the last one?
If not, how did you decide that you were competent?

Non sequitur. Corgi registered does not equal competence. Corgi
registration just mean that you had paid your registration fee.

When I was Corgi registered this bloke came out and inspected one of my
jobs.
However, this was 42 years ago .........................ARGGGGGGGGG!

I doubt that GasSafe is much different.

AFAIK there has always been a requirement for this work to be
carried out by a competent person

Correct and sensible.

Tim