Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default One more post about the new kitchen

Norminn wrote:
On 9/10/2015 2:20 PM, philo wrote:
On 09/10/2015 12:01 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 9/10/2015 7:13 AM, philo wrote:
On 09/10/2015 06:45 AM, Don Y wrote:

We did most of ours "up front". We wanted to raise the ceiling, move
the peninsula, remove the cabinets *over* the peninsula, add a pony

snipped but all read

I've added a photo of the "pouch" I made which really cleans up the
kitchen

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q0ng9p327...nG-Zz72pa?dl=0

I like that! At hand but not cluttered looking. You keep mustard
there? ;o) I hate digging through cupboards or drawers.... I have
everything in my pretty-small kitchen at hand, and nothing that has to
be removed to get something else. Cookware is hanging on a rod above
the kitchen sink...not so low it hits me in the head. I don't have to
move more than about 3' to cook, 'cept to take a smoke break.

Big walk thru or see thru pantry is good. Our kitchen island is not
fixed in one location. It is kinda mobile we can move it if needed
without any problem. Wine racks are converted to storage drawers from
island. Did not live long enough in a house to do any kinda rework.
We just designed/custom built new house in new neighborhood. After 5
times no more, at 75 I don't feel like having another house built.
Downtown condo is sold. Will sell this house when time comes and moving
out to cabin for good. Our cabin is near a town, so hospital is close by
for an emergency. I have a location code for medvac helicopter landing
at my cabin too in case.