Tim Mitchell

Default Laptop LCD backlight repair

In article , Tim Mitchell
writes
In article , Ian Stirling
writes
Tim Mitchell wrote:

I'm trying to repair the backlight of a Compaq Armada 1750. Having
extracted the LCD panel from the case, the backlight tube seems to be
integral with the LCD panel. Does anyone know

(b) if it's possible to get the backlight tube out of the panel to
replace it.

I have dissasembled several panels to the point that I would have been
able to replace the backlight if I wished.
Generally it involves lots of fiddly screws.
A digital camera/video camera is handy to record what went where.

I have eventually managed to extract the backlight tube, it is 2mm dia
295mm long, but now I can't find anywhere which supplies one that long.
Any ideas? The display is a Samsung LT141X5-124.
--
Tim Mitchell