Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Baron[_4_] Baron[_4_] is offline

Default Right to repair article in WSJ

Jeff Liebermann prodded the keyboard with:

"We Need the Right to Repair Our Gadgets"

http://www.wsj.com/articles/we-need-the-right-to-repair-our-gadgets-1441737868
"People can fight back against planned obsolescence by fixing the
tech we already own, but the consumer electronics industry isn’t
making it easy."

The electronics industry isn't the only one that is doing this. The
Singer sewing machine company was doing exactly the same thing in the
late 1800 early 1900. So is the motor industry, aided by
legislation ! Though I can appreciate some of the safety aspects.
There is hardly any manufacturer that isn't into this in some way or
other.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.