Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] mixdenny@gmail.com is offline

Default Sanford Surface Grinder

On Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 11:18:04 AM UTC-4, Accelo wrote:
replying to Donald, Accelo wrote:

Any chance of getting the replacement bearing identification numbers?
Seems they went from a ball bearing to a taper roller bearing sometime
during the SG's production run.
I have a Standford with the roller bearing. My understanding is this
change happened close to when they changed from a flat belt to a "V" belt..
Rick in WA State

Rick,

I am an unofficial historian for Sanford Manufacturing. I have been compiling data on all the Sanford SG grinders I can locate. Hopefully someday I will have a tribute website. If you can post your serial number I can date your machine and add it to the database, I don't have many from the west coast.