Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Two PIR sensors to actuate one device

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 09 Sep 2015 19:34:28 +0100, ARW
wrote:

wrote in message
Hi.
I'm pretty sure that what I want to do is fine, but might someone with
knowledge/experience of such matters please help by confirming?
I want to rig up an outdoor device actuated by PIR sensors. There will
only
be one device, but I'd like to have it respond to either of two sensors,
get broad area coverage. Is it as simple as wiring both sensor power
outputs
to the supply terminals of the device? Clearly, the device will only draw
the power that it wants to draw, regardless of whether one, other, or
both
PIRs are activated. However, I'm not 100% sure whether standard outdoor
PIRs
(e.g. from Toolstation) might be designed such that the output terminals
becoming live in the absence of PIR sensor activation would be a
problem.
This circumstance would occur if only one PIR is activated, since both
outputs would be connected via the supply terminals on the device.

Cheers. Terry.

Are the PIRs powered by a common source?

ie are they fed from the same circuit

No, one is fed from his house, the other from a battery, and the other
from the streetlights circuit he hotwired into. WTF?

That is different "supply" not "circuit".

--
Adam