Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Best limb/pruning/bow saw?

John Grossbohlin wrote:
"Puckdropper" wrote in message
eb.com...

I had the little bow saw out tonight, and noticed the teeth are
sharpened
simply and very much like a hand saw. Grab a file, put on some music
and
just follow the angle. You may want to put just the blade in a vise,
but
whatever works.

The problem with "modern" bow saw blades is that most if not all of
them have hardened teeth, i.e., they are throw aways.

Since you brought it up, I'm curious. What about hand saws (and tree
saws) like you would find in a big-box store. Same thing (i.e. hardened
teeth)? How about their expensive counterparts sold by the likes of
Veritas Tools, etc.

Bill