Posted to alt.home.repair
Arnie Goetchius[_2_] Arnie Goetchius[_2_] is offline

Default Buying Condo, GFCI Problems

Don Y wrote:
On 9/7/2015 7:38 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, April 18, 2015 at 9:50:09 PM UTC-6,
wrote:

===================snipped======================== ==

As these are usually required on *dedicated* circuits (i.e., bathroom,
garage, outdoor, two counter top, etc.), consider looking into using
a GFCI *breaker*, instead. This allows all of the outlets to "look"
the same (one or two don't stand out as having funny "buttons").
I've opted for GFCI *breakers*, here, as the breaker seems to be of
higher manufactured quality than the (disposable) GFCI outlets.

I use a GFCI breaker for the one circuit that feeds both of my bathrooms on the
second floor. I'm about to buy a GFCI tester to make sure that my GFCI
receptacles turn off when I push the "Test" button. This should trip the GFCI
breaker in the breaker box located in the basement. Have you ever tried using a
GFCI tester on a GFCI circuit? I assume that the breaker should trip after
holding the Test button for a couple of seconds.