Posted to sci.electronics.repair
M.Joshi[_2_] M.Joshi[_2_] is offline

Default Panasonic NV-SD260B VHS recorder won't load tapes anymore?

Hello Dave,

Thanks so much for the link.

Download a copy of the service manual at
http://diagramas.diagramasde.com/otros/NV-Sd260_410.pdf.

Hope that helps,
Dave M
M.Joshi wrote:

Thanks for the replies.

Is there anywhere online I can download a service manual for this?
Haven't managed to find a belt/kit yet.

Your VCR needs a belt job. When these things sit idle for long
period of time, the belts that drive the loading deck and tape
transport mechanism stretch and become too loose to make the
mechanical stuff work.

Don't know how much a belt job would cost now, but when my daughter
ran a TV
repair shop (90s era), they charged about $50 plus the cost of the
belt kit.
If you're mechanically inclined, you can do it yourself if you can
find the
proper belt kit. Here are some links to vendors that I have bought
TV, VCR,
and other A/V parts from:
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/
http://www.matelectronics.com/
http://www.smcelectronics.com/
http://www.parts-express.com/
http://www.electronix.com/
http://www.elexp.com/
http://www.studiosoundelectronics.com/
You sould also search Google for VCR Belt Kit NV-SD260B and see what
turns up. Good luck with the repair. VCRs are long obsolete and
parts are getting scarce.
Dave M

M.Joshi wrote:

I dusted off a Panasonic NV-SD260B VHS recorder yeterday to archive
some old tapes. It worked for a while, but no longer loads any
tapes? No matter how far I push the tape in, it won't load it into
the mechanism.
I have taken the cover of the unit off but can't see anything
obvious?