Posted to alt.internet.wireless,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
Ewald Böhm Ewald Böhm is offline

Default How can we tell from a WiFi card spec whether the NIC is 2.4GHzor 5GHz, or both?

On Tue, 08 Sep 2015 09:42:31 -0700, trader_4 wrote:

Have it your way, you gonna buy the thing or not?

You missed the point.

I'm trying to *recommend* a laptop for a teacher who is not technical.
I started at Costco, but the Costco laptop wasn't dual band.
I went to the HP site and can't figure out if it's dual band.

If it's dual band, I'll recommend the teacher buys it.
If not, I will choose another laptop.

I don't actually care what laptop she gets.
I'm just trying to help her.

The laptop has to be about the right size & shape.
It has to be within her price range (around $500 out the door).
It has to have MS Office on it.
It has to be Windows.

Everything else, she's leaving up to me.
One thing I'm requiring is dual band 2.4GHz & 5GHz simultaneously
(with backward compatibility).

All I'm trying to find out is if this HP 15z laptop is dual band.
It's amazingly difficult to find this out.

I'm online right now with a supposedly-special HP customer support sales
hotline (888-999-4747), and they STILL don't know the answer.