David Farber

Default Sony STR-DE915 transistor id.

Subject: Sony STR-DE915 transistor id.
From: (David Farber)
Date: 09/15/2003 9:28 PM Pacific Daylight Time
From: Franc Zabkar

Date: 9/15/2003 2:43 PM Pacific Daylight Time
On 15 Sep 2003 19:36:38 GMT,
(David Farber) put
finger to keyboard and composed:

There are a couple of transistors, Q701, A1A4M and Q703, N1A4M, which don't

register
much of anything on my dvm in the way of a pn-junction. What kind of
transistors are these?

Both are digital transistors with integrated 10K base resistors.

The A1A4M is a 50V, 100mA, NPN type, while the N1A4M is its PNP
complement.

Each transistor has an F,B,A, or G prefix depending on package style.

Datasheets are available from
http://www.freetradezone.com.
Registration is free.

- Franc Zabkar

Thanks Franc, that explains the dvm readings.

David Farber
David Farber's Service Center
L.A., CA

I should have asked in my original post what the path is of the signal flow
through this board. At CNS704, only one of the pins has signal and the signal
that is there has some dc offset. There is good signal at test points SL and SR
on the dsp board. I have a schematic on order but in the mean time I was
wondering what type of signals should be present on the input connector to the
rear channel amp board and how they flow through IC701.

Thanks for your reply.