Posted to alt.internet.wireless,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
Ewald Böhm Ewald Böhm is offline

Default How can we tell from a WiFi card spec whether the NIC is 2.4GHzor 5GHz, or both?

On Mon, 07 Sep 2015 21:32:53 -0700, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Are you sure? Office 365 can be installed on 5 machines. If the skool
has 5 machines of any type, which makes the price for each machine about
$20/year.
Meanwhile, Home and Student is $140 and should last about 5 to 7 years
before it become too old to use. At an optimistic 7 years, that's the
same $20/year per machine as Office 365.

I'm sure, but only because of arithmetic.

She's a teacher. Not a school.

She only has an ancient WinXP desktop that has Office 2007 on it.
When she gets a new laptop, she needs a new Office anyway.

1. Renting Office 365 for a laptop costs $100/year and can be put on 4
more non WinXP machines that don't actually exist. After 7 years, renting
cost her $700 for Office for that one laptop, which is more than the
laptop costs.

2. Buying Office 2013 costs her $140, and can be put on one desktop and
one laptop. Since the desktop is WinXP, the additional license is moot,
so, it costs her $140 for 7 years (or 10% less with the teacher discount).

It's a no brainer, to me; but this isn't the question in the OP, so it's
just an offshoot discussion which isn't at all confusing to me.