Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Przemek Klosowski Przemek Klosowski is offline

Default Faraday cage?

On Tue, 01 Sep 2015 17:52:25 -0500, Jon Elson wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:

See ads for wallets that prevent skimming credit cards?

Ummm, OK, but the only type of card (etc.) that is actually at risk is
something with RFID technology in it. Your US Passport is one of those
items. And, of course, many PDAs, tablets, phones, etc. can also be
hacked by wireless devices.

But, CREDIT CARDS, especially those in use in the US, should be immune.
There are only two kinds I have seen, mag stripe cards and chip cards.
Neither of these can be compromised without actually TOUCHING the cards.

We traveled in EU this summer and saw payment terminals that worked with
proximity payment cards. I haven't seen such card myself but I think it
is just like a chip card that uses RFID for communications