Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Jennair Oven only putting out 115 V

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 7 Sep 2015 08:35:28 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

My Jennair oven is taking forever to heat up and has difficulty holding temp.

I just put the voltmeter across the terminals and find that it is only pulling about 115Vdc, which would explain the problem.

Any idea why it would be doing this? Is there a fuse that could've blown taking out one leg of the 240V?

Thanks,

Ian

You need to make a drawing, on paper, with all the wires you've found
included, and all the voltages you've found between two locations
marked, maybe even in different colors if you need that to keep them
straight.

You might also want to unpplug or disconnect the oven from the wall,
from the power, and measure some resistances, with the switch on, of
course (although I don't know much about your switches and some problems
might be in a switch, for all I know.) Definitely use a different
color for ohms from what you use for AC volts.

When it's all in front of you, you should either realize you need more
measurements or you have enough to hone in on the problem.

--

Stumpy Strumpet
the bimbus