Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default Transistor identification?

On 09/05/2015 11:46 PM, N_Cook wrote:
On 05/09/2015 21:28, DaveC wrote:
Help with identifying a TO-92 transistor?(at least I think its a
transistor€¦)

Pretty vanilla-looking with National Semi logo. Marked:

NS 444
ST
13903

(The €śNS€ť is the logo.)

Not enough 4s to make up a standard 2N number, and 13903 looks like a
date
code?

Ideas?

Thanks,

Or maker ST and date code for 1994 or 2004 or whatever goes with NS as
plant/batch code for a particular decade

His next post gave a link to a photo of the transistor. Sure looks like
National Semiconductor to me. My guess is the date is from the 90s based
on the edge of the capacitor shown in the same photo - makes the date
1994 and 44th week.

It will be Silicon then and Ted's recent post in this thread gave a very
good explanation on how to identify its parameters using an identical
transistor.

The OP could tell us if there are other transistors using the 13903, but
a different code beside the NS symbol - that would pretty much show that
three digit number is the date code if it is something like 4xx, 3xx, or
5xx which would be a reasonable spread for date codes for a special run.

John :-#)#
www.flippers.com