Sam Goldwasser

Default ATX power supply for use outside of computer case.

"Neil Jackson" writes:

I do have a meter, When I stopped working last night. I wasn't getting any
reading whatsoever across anything but the main power plug.
I dug up the box it came in, and the box indicates that green is for comm.,
and the unit itself indicate that this is PS-ON.
Do I have to have a load as well as a switched connection?

There should be a reading of a few V between PS-On and ground (green and
black on the mainboard connector. If you don't have this, the internal
fuse has blown or there is some other problem inside the supply.

If there is voltage there, then connecting PS-ON to ground should turn it on.

But make sure you have a load on the +5. At the very least, it may not
work. I've seen them blow up as well without a load.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Home Page: http://www.repairfaq.org/
| Mirror Site Info: http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

Important: The email address in this message header may no longer work. To
contact me, please use the Feedback Form at repairfaq.org. Thanks.