Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Jennair Oven only putting out 115 V

On Mon, 7 Sep 2015 08:35:28 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

My Jennair oven is taking forever to heat up and has difficulty holding temp.

I just put the voltmeter across the terminals and find that it is only pulling about 115Vdc, which would explain the problem.

Any idea why it would be doing this? Is there a fuse that could've blown taking out one leg of the 240V?

Thanks,

Ian

Where are you in the world where you would run a JennAire oven on DC??
Use your AC meter to measure.
As far as one leg fuse going out, that will give you zero volts, not
110, because you are measuring leg to leg. You would only get 110 leg
to neutral on one side if the other side was open.