Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Jennair Oven only putting out 115 V

On 9/7/2015 11:54 AM, wrote:
On Monday, September 7, 2015 at 11:35:39 AM UTC-4, wrote:
My Jennair oven is taking forever to heat up and has difficulty holding temp.

I just put the voltmeter across the terminals and find that it is only pulling about 115Vdc, which would explain the problem.

Any idea why it would be doing this? Is there a fuse that could've blown taking out one leg of the 240V?

Thanks,

Ian

New info: When I check each terminal to ground, the brown/ground has 115V but the red/ground has zero.

What does that tell us?

Ian

Did you check the circuit breaker? One leg may be out. Trip it and
reset it.