w_tom

Default ATX power supply for use outside of computer case.

Some switching power supplies require a load. Some do not.
Minimum load is a design function that is also defined in
specifications provided by that power supply manufacturer.

Without a 3.5 digit multimeter, then you must have plenty of
time to waste. Otherwise get that multimeter. Begin by
measuring voltages on purple and green wires - relative to
ground - black wire.

Most switching power supplies will at least do something
even without a load. Get the meter.

Neil Jackson wrote:
I've tried that, and nothing seems to be happening. I'm tinkering
a little more. I also read something about a tester with a
60w/6ohm resistor connected between ??purple/orange???
Thank you for the response.
Neil