Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

Default Adjacent tiles lift after repair work. Is it malpractice?

On Mon, 07 Sep 2015 00:40:56 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 6 Sep 2015 17:06:29 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Sunday, September 6, 2015 at 6:54:41 PM UTC-4, Tony Hwang wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/6/2015 2:21 PM, dgk wrote:

The contractor says that this happens sometimes and that the contract
specifies that they aren't responsible for damage to nearby tiles,

I think you are screwed. Good chance they did cause some of the damage,
but it sounds like it was a poor job to start with. I know it is
expensive, but I'd consider doing the whole floor over again, but with a
different contractor.

Given the contract wording, I don't think you have a chance in court.

Another thing is no warranty of any kind on the contract? Sounds like

If it's not express, it's implied.

some thing is not right on workmanship or materials used.

Why would a warranty enter into this? The tiles repaired under the contract are not the ones he is currently having problems with. In addition, according to the OP, the contract specifically states that the contractor is not responsible for damage to nearby tiles.

This does not appear to be a warranty issue.

Of course there is a warranty and it's an issue. "Contractors must
perform their work, including the selection of materials, in a
workmanlike manner even when their contract does not cover this
requirement, a Missouri Court of Appeals for the Eastern District
recently reaffirmed." But it's the law everywhere.
http://www.herzogcrebs.com/News-Info...kmanlike.shtml
This is just one of many urls on the subject. I don't know where dg
lives.

Palm Beach County Florida.