Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Reusing computer A/C cords?

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
On Friday, September 4, 2015 at 10:01:29 AM UTC-4, Scott Lurndal wrote:
"Robert Green" writes:

While I realize you're not condoning the practice, I've done that in

the
past but now I use "clamps" designed to keep long cords coupled. The
reason? Tying the extension cords in a half-hitch causes the cords to

bend
180 degrees where the wire exits either the plug of one cord or the

socket
of the mating one. I've had the insulation break from the stress and

reveal
the invidual wires.

You're not doing it correctly, then. Make the half hitch about a foot
below the plug/socket..

If I employ this wiring technique, what is the proper knot to use inside

the
wall so that I don't violate the "hidden junction" rule?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...vfcG-c1DB_pL1A

The correct procedure is to route and tape the wires this way:

http://i.stack.imgur.com/o9H0E.png

(-:

--
Bobby G.