Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Adjacent tiles lift after repair work. Is it malpractice?

On Sunday, September 6, 2015 at 8:22:41 PM UTC-4, devnull wrote:
On 09/06/2015 02:21 PM, dgk wrote:
I'm a reasonable guy. If this was just something that does happen to
even experienced tile guys and it was just bad luck, then I allow the
payment to go through and don't cause a fuss. But if you folks think
that it was an error by the contractor, then I'll stop the charge and
complain to the state business people.

So? **** Happens or Bad Work?

There are a *LOT* of jack-leg hacks in the construction/remodeling
trades. When you have your floors redone, make sure they use
Schluter-DITRA uncoupling membrane.

http://www.schluter.com/6_1_ditra.aspx

I had that once. It was painful, but antibiotic cured it.