Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Adjacent tiles lift after repair work. Is it malpractice?

On Sunday, September 6, 2015 at 2:21:30 PM UTC-4, dgk wrote:

This would seem to be the most relevant part:

"the contract specifies that they aren't responsible for damage to nearby tiles"

So, I don't think you're in a good position. I can see how you
could wind up in this position. If I read that contract, I would
think it means that while they are doing the work, removing the loose
tiles, etc, if an adjacent one get's damaged, they aren't responsible.
I would never expect that a day later a lot of them would be cracking.

It's weird, do you know what kind of adhesive they used? If you
had an empty tube of it and can show that it was unsuited to the
job, not recommended for use on tile, or something like that,
then I think you have a cause to get a refund. I guess the lesson here
is that if you have a lot of loose tiles, it shows the job wasn't done right
and it's better to just bite the bullet and redo the whole thing.