Posted to alt.internet.wireless,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
Peter[_14_] Peter[_14_] is offline

Default more questions about wifi

On 9/3/2015 8:18 PM, micky wrote:
After the previous thread, I'm interested in a set-top box... oh,
that includes the roku that I asked about before on one of these
groups.

Well 2 more questions:

The descriptions keep talking about HDTV. One doesn't need HD does
he? It will output to SD also?

Check the specs of the specific model of the set-top box. Some newer
ones only have HDMI outputs. Other newer ones have both HDMI and
composite video.

Are some of them wireless and can I expect it to stream continuously
with wireless B/G? Or do I have to buy a new router with N?
Remember, I don't have HiDef, and I don't expect to get it. If I
buy with AC, will it still suppport B/G, which all my other devices
are?

Again, check the specs. Most newer ones are retro compatible with the
older WIFI standards.

Just don't buy a set-top box without consulting the specs and you won't
have an unpleasant surprise. And again, to emphasize, different models
from the same manufacturer often have different specs.