Posted to alt.internet.wireless,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
Ewald Böhm Ewald Böhm is offline

Default What use is WiFi on a Costco Viso TV?

On Sat, 05 Sep 2015 17:57:53 -0500, Charlie Hoffpauir wrote:

The DirecTV boxes I've had all had an ethernet connection that I plugged
my home network into. I think some of the newer boxes also have wireless
capability, or maybe they provide a separate device to connect
wirelessly.

Oh. That explains it!

So, the coax cable that comes out of the dish on the roof then goes into
a "box" which has, as outputs, either coax or RJ45 or a wifi antenna?

Is that correct?