Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default Sears Garage Door Opener Question

Jeff Wisnia writes:

When my leg crossed the photoelectric beam the Opener's light came on
and stayed on for the same time it would have if I'd just opened the
door.

Is this a normal action for Craftsman openers? I can live with it, but
it sure seems uneccessary and won't help the life of the light bulb,
will it?

Do others with Craftsman openers see the same effect? I'll await words
of wisdom from the group.

Yep.

Went though same steps, old opener, then new opener with photocells
and daytime light. Not a big deal for me and a little extra light
helps sometimes.

--
Dan Espen