Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default What use is WiFi on a Costco Viso TV?

On Saturday, September 5, 2015 at 3:08:13 PM UTC-4, Ewald Böhm wrote:
On Thu, 03 Sep 2015 10:21:58 -0400, Ralph Mowery wrote:

if you have say Direct TV you can get movies and other shows on demand
bystreaming off the internet.

I don't have direct tv.
My router does not have a coax input.

I thought that was a coax cable coming out of all those direct tv
antennas I see on houses.

If the output of Direct TV is coax, how does that coax get "into" your
network?

It can't go through the router.
How does it get into your router without a coax connector on the router?

I don't have DirectTV, but I believe the sat antenna is connected
to a receiver which then has traditional output for a TV, eg HDMI
and that is how it gets connected to a TV. That's how it worked
in the past. And if you're going to
access streaming video from the internet, the wifi connection is
between the DirectTV receiver and your router, the video then goes
from the receiver to the TV via the same connection, eg HDMI as it
would if the reception was via satellite.