Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why aren't refrigerators & freezers designed to benefit fromoutside cold air?

On Saturday, September 5, 2015 at 3:07:32 PM UTC-5, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:
In article ,
Uncle Monster wrote:

On Friday, September 4, 2015 at 1:10:33 PM UTC-5, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:
In article ,
trader_4 wrote:

Yeah, another clueless hippie, with a silly political conspiracy tale
when it's obvious that the real reason is that it's not practical or
worth
it to use outside air for a fridge. The amount of energy a fridge uses
in
total isn't much, what it uses in winter helps heat the living space.
Even
if it worked perfectly, the difference would be small. Running
ducts outside would not only be a pain in the neck, but it would require
more powerful fan, cost a significant amount of money, and introduce it's
own energy losses, eg the ducts would be leaking heat into the living
space
in summer, taking it out during winter, any protrusions through the walls
wind up leaking air too, etc.

it's amazing that you can get a split A/C that would easily accomplish
this without ducting

So you want to run refrigeration lines all over a house to install mini split
heat pumps in every room?

where did I say that? you been sniffing that trump cologne?

I'm sure Ivanka Trump has a cologne for men with her name on it but I don't care for smelly stuff like perfume or cologne. Right Guard spray is smelly enough for me and fights the real stink. I do think Ivanka is cute. ^_^

To quote what you wrote: "it's amazing that you can get a split A/C that would easily accomplish this without ducting." What you described is known as a "mini split" AC or heat pump. Perhaps I didn't realize you were demonstrating your ignorance of the subject and I should have explained what "remote condensing units" for refrigeration systems are. Remote condensing units for ice machines, walk in coolers and freezers are quite common for restaurants, grocery and convenience stores. Those type systems work very well for commercial customers but the reason you never see them in a regular home is because they're FRAKING EXPENSIVE! If you wish to empty your bank account or take out a loan, I know a number of guys who'd be glad to modify your refrigerator and install a remote condenser for you. Hell, if were able bodied and able to work again, I'd do the project for you. $150.00 per hour plus travel and expenses. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Mod Monster