Posted to alt.internet.wireless,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
Ewald Böhm Ewald Böhm is offline

Default What use is WiFi on a Costco Viso TV?

On Thu, 03 Sep 2015 18:36:31 -0400, Nil wrote:

I don't know what it's called, it's just whatever was included with my
Samsung TV. It's deadly slow slow slow, and navigation with the TV
remote is painful. I tried hooking up a USB keyboard, but it didn't work
and I haven't bothered to try to troubleshoot it, since it's nothing I'm
interested in using. If I want to browse the web I'll just use one of
the several other computer devices in the house.

I went over to a friend's house who had a new samsung wifi tv and the
browsing was so slow that I'd say it's unusable for two reasons:
1. Typing the URL with the remote was punitive, and,
2. Once you had the URL, the time to load was interminable.

This might just be a bad Samsung TV, but, wow. It's great for checkboxes
but it doesn't work in real time.