Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT radio antenna

On Saturday, September 5, 2015 at 11:24:38 AM UTC-5, KenK wrote:
I have a cheap AM/FM radio in the office. Lately I have found I have a
carefully arrange the power cord, which evidently also is the radio's
antenna, to get loud clear FM reception. This is in a frame building. As
you can imagine, this is annoying. There is no antenna connector on the
radio - the case is externally all plastic. Touching the case diesn't
change the sound, and wrapping a long wire around the power cord doesn't
change the reception either.

Any suggestions, besides another radio?

TIA
--

My housemate has an AM/FM clock radio on a shelf over his desk and there were problems receiving some stations. I draped the radio's power cord over a thumbtack stuck in the wall above the radio and that solved the reception problem. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle RF Monster