Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default Looking for schematic for well pump controller

We have a community well here serving several houses. The whole thing is
pretty fancy. The pump is a 3 phase unit. There is no 3 phase in the
subdivision. But, the controller 'makes' 3 phase and supplies the pump
with 40 to 70 Hz depending on the demand. As there are now few houses on
that well, it's probably running at the 40Hz frequency. The controller
is a Franklin Electric SubDrive 300. I called Franklin Electric and they
wouldn't provide a schematic as it is a "throw-away" device. Excuse me,
it's a $2500 throw-away device! BTW, they won't fix them either ... only
sell you a replacement. Kind of reminds me of Behringer audio equipment.
Anyway, the unit has already been replaced and I have the old unit. I
would like to fix it for a future breakdown. Has anyone dealt with these
units? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I know that these type of
circuits, basically akin to a switching power supply, can be tricky to
troubleshoot.
Thanks.