Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Roland RD300SX keyboard

On 04/09/2015 16:36, N_Cook wrote:
Took a heavy bash , cracked pcb in area of effects control pot, which
must have been bashed. Obvious crack at an opamp, open circuiting
analogue ins and outs. I find it difficult to believe , that only, would
give the symptoms observed, whether powered up or not at the time.
No sound output , no midi control from external feed, no switch panel
response and just showing semi-random flashing of "r" of 2 segments in
one display

Looks as though owner gave me the wrong Roland ps, 9V dc 2.4W, specs of
proper one 9V 11W, I thought it seemed small although no speakers in
this keyboard. Perhaps flashing r just means insufficient power, will
check the NEC 24A05 and TA7807S of the ps section