Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Reusing computer A/C cords?

On 09/04/2015 12:59 AM, Robert Green wrote:
"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message

stuff snipped

The common thing that seems to be done nowadays is to tie the two ends

of the cords with a half hitch before connecting the plug and socket.

While I realize you're not condoning the practice, I've done that in the
past but now I use "clamps" designed to keep long cords coupled. The
reason? Tying the extension cords in a half-hitch causes the cords to bend
180 degrees where the wire exits either the plug of one cord or the socket
of the mating one. I've had the insulation break from the stress and reveal
the invidual wires.

I used to have a cord where the female end would somehow put little
pieces of plastic through the holes in the male end to hold it in place.
I don't know where to find another like that.

[snip]

--
112 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 for 1
day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"He's a born-again Christian. The trouble is, he suffered brain damage
during rebirth."