Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default What use is WiFi on a Costco Viso TV?

On Thu, 3 Sep 2015 20:10:30 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

From what I understand, windows 10 is going to do that.

You can schedule the restart, but I see no way to turn off updated
entirely on the home edition. I think you can on the pro version but
I've not seen it.

Couple of links to look at.

http://www.ghacks.net/2015/07/27/microsoft-releases-tool-to-block-windows-10-updates/

"...The tool, available as an optional download, lets you hide or
block any update for Windows or a hardware driver."

(Ed Bott writes for ZDNet:

When Windows 10 arrives this week, Windows Update won’t include
that option, but Microsoft does have a well-hidden troubleshooter
package, KB3073930, which allows you to hide or block Windows Updates
and, crucially, driver updates.

The package was digitally signed on June 15, and the accompanying
Knowledge Base article is dated July 7, just a few weeks ago. The
package is labeled for use with the Windows 10 Insider Preview, but
based on its performance on the final (10240) preview build, it looks
like it should work with the final release beginning July 29.)

I've not done this, no Win10 yet YMMV