Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What use is WiFi on a Costco Viso TV?

On Fri, 4 Sep 2015 12:55:42 +0000 (UTC), Roger Blake

On 2015-09-04, Ewald Böhm wrote:
Is that the sum total of the advantages of WiFi on a TV?

A disadvantage to Smart TVs is that they quite literally spy on you. At
least one manufacturer has issued a warning about it:

https://www.thestar.com/business/tec...-smart-tv.html

I really don't understand why anyone would even consider the purchase
of such a device. I suppose for many that convenience and entertainment
trump all other considerations these days.

I got one that was just a little dumber than that (no voice control)