Posted to alt.home.repair
Edmund J. Burke, Ph.D[_2_] Edmund J. Burke, Ph.D[_2_] is offline

Default Fire blocking & basement insulation

wrote in message

I plan to insulate my basement walls. There are several electrical cables
(typical BX cables) that are tucked between the floor joists and the
foundation wall, against the sill plate.

1. Do I put my fire blocking over the electrical?
2. I want to make sure I have continuous insulation layer, so, can I encase
the electrical in spray foam (and XPS board over the rest)?

Is this approach allowable by code requirements?

See sketch:
http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/a...pse41noman.jpg

All comments appreciated.
Thanks