Posted to alt.home.repair
rdoc rdoc is offline

Default Can Anyone Identify an Unknown Plumbing Device?

wrote in message
If everyone in your neighborhood has the same poor quality water, what do
they do???

It's not much of a neighborhood as most think of neighborhoods. There are
other homes in the area but it is a small farm in an area of other small and
large farms with a few patches of homes with a handfull of homes in each...
some now empty because of water issues. There is a village about 3 miles
down the road that has city water. Folks here do what they can/will spend.
Some have elaborate filter systems that are rather pricey... most just do
things a more old fashioned way that requires keeping up to the simpler
systems, i.e.: dealing with frequent tank maintenance/replacement. (See my
reply to trader_4 for links.) It doesn't take long to learn that expensive
systems on this water are a money pit that constantly require servicing
beyond the regular guy's skills/finances... much easier to keep up with
water-logging tanks, water heater issues and lugging drinking water from the
car.

The big benefit to it is that it keeps the developers at bay for now. They
are raping most of the county farmland and we know it's only a matter of
time until they are coming down the road with city water and sewers at what
time there will be no more farms, just a bunch of 'neighbors' staring down
our noses.

Again... see my reply to trader_4 to see a link to the type of tank many of
us use who can't or won't spend the insane bucks needed to deal with the
water for results suburbanites might expect. I look forward to any
contributions you might supply on the device identification.