Jim Thompson

Default Electrocution - was Kindling for the Fire

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 23:22:01 GMT, Tom MacIntyre
wrote:

[snip]
Tom was working on a TV chassis which was sitting on its side, power
applied, cable attached. Tom bumped the cable, and, before Tom's
magnificent dive to the Sencore isolation unit's power switch, the
chassis bottom made contact with Tom's left forearm. Tom was left with
dozens of burns from the various voltages present. :-)

Fortunately they were only burns.

[snip]

I can remember my dad working on a TV set on the bench. Got an arc to
something and jerked backwards pulling the set off of the bench and it
fell to the floor. This was in the days of picture tubes strapped to
the chassis. The chassis hit flat on the concrete floor, just about
every tube popped out of their sockets and broke, but the picture tube
didn't break ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |