Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can Anyone Identify an Unknown Plumbing Device?

Here is the new one:
http://www.wellmate.com/en-US/product/residential-products/hydro-pneumatic-air-water-tanks/hp-quick-connect-series/

The flow issue is, I believe, related to the 3/8" orifice in the device
inserted in the pump supply line in front of the tank (that 3/8 figure is
based on what the installer said was in it). I used to run this small
house
off a 1 1/4" line into the tank and reduced it to 3/4 after. The
installer
reduced it to 1" before the device and then 1" again between the device
and
the tank. It seems to me that a system is only as strong as it's smallest
diameter supply and running a home on 3/8" is doomed... then add deposits
and such and the flow is brought to it's knees.

That is the crux of my questions... what the heck is this thing and is it
serviceable and what are the ramifications of using a larger one
(providing
that the installer was not as wrong about that availability as he was
about
so much else)?

I do not have a web page to post photos on.

Also, upon looking it over better, it really is not much longer each way
than a 1" tee... the 1" black hose make it look bigger. I see no
markings on
it other than an arrow in the dirction of the air flow.

thanks for reading and replying.

I haven't asked a silly question for at least a couple minutes now.
It isn't the microionizer shown in the picture of the tank by chance?
http://tinyurl.com/ntjaren