Posted to alt.internet.wireless,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default more questions about wifi

In sci.electronics.repair, on Thu, 03 Sep 2015 20:18:07 -0400, micky
wrote:

After the previous thread, I'm interested in a set-top box... oh, that
includes the roku that I asked about before on one of these groups.

Well 2 more questions:

The descriptions keep talking about HDTV. One doesn't need HD does he?
It will output to SD also?

Are some of them wireless and can I expect it to stream continuously
with wireless B/G? Or do I have to buy a new router with N?
Remember, I don't have HiDef, and I don't expect to get it. If I buy
with AC, will it still suppport B/G, which all my other devices are?

And if you want to use one of these boxes with a smart-cell-phone app,
that means sending data tot he phone company and getting something back?

Or is it all within the room one is sitting in?