Posted to alt.home.repair
KenK KenK is offline

Default Reusing computer A/C cords?

"Robert Green" wrote in
:

"philo" wrote in message
On 09/02/2015 01:59 PM, wrote:
On 2 Sep 2015 18:25:43 GMT, KenK wrote:

I have a big bunch of computer type power cords but very few A/C

extension
cords. Any easy cheap way to convert a few? All I can think of is

cut
off the female plug and put on a standard three-wire A.C female
plug.

Am I
overlooking an easier cheaper way?

TIA

The big problem with these cords is the wire size. Most are 18ga
and 16ga at best.
BTW blue is the neutral and brown is the hot on European cord sets.

Correct. The cord cannot handle the current of an A/C

Did the OP mean A/C for air conditioner or alternating current? Now I
am not sure. If the former, no computer cable I've seen should be
used. Just not even current capacity (along with another friction fit
point to cause arcing).

Alernating current. Sorry for the ambiguity.