Richard Henry

Default Electrocution - was Kindling for the Fire

"Clifton T. Sharp Jr." wrote in message
Watson A.Name - Watt Sun wrote:
mentioned...
This didn't even compare, though, with the time that Tom tongue-tested
a cellular telephone PS, 10.6VDC, 850 mA. OUCH!!

I've tongue tested (as have probably just about everyone else) a fresh
9V battery, and your battery isn't that much more. Should have given
you a bit of a twinge... :-)

I suspect the internal resistance of the battery limits what can flow
through your nice, wet tongue. I don't remember the short-circuit current
of a typical 9V battery, but it seems to me the last time I tested one
it was in the tens of milliamps.

Which brings to mind an old urban legend. The termianls on a 9V battery
mate quite nicely. How long until the connected batteries explode?