Posted to alt.internet.wireless,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default What use is WiFi on a Costco Viso TV?

"Ewald Böhm" wrote in message
On Thu, 03 Sep 2015 04:47:02 -0700, taxed and spent wrote:

so you can connect to the internet and watch Youtube, netflix, etc.

Maybe I don't understand. Actually, I don't understand.

To watch youtube, you need a browser, which is usually a program compiled
for a certain computer, which runs a certain operating system, and which
has a certain byte order and memory structure and a whole bunch of other
things associated with a "computer".

Is the TV acting as a "computer"?
If so, what operating system is the TV?

What browser does it use?
What architecture is that TV browser compiled for?

The newer smart TVs have their own built in inerface . Maybe you have heard
of the devices like ROKU or the one from Amazon. Anyway it lets the TV
connect to the internet so if you have say Direct TV you can get movies and
other shows on demand bystreaming off the internet. I don't know what
system they use,but my TV lets me surf the web. It is awful slow to do with
the remote,but I think I could hook up a mouse and keyboard to it if I
wanted to.