Bernhard

Default Yamaha RX-V795 receiver shuts itself down after some time

My Yamaha RX-V795 receiver shows a strange behaviour.
After switching the device on, it shuts down immediately
or after some seconds or after a longer period of time,
sometimes after 1 or 2 hours.

This often happens when I inadvertently bump against the
rack on which the receiver is located - but it also happens
when absolutely no mechanical vibrations are present.

I already opened the case and tried to force a shutdown by
knocking on all boards, connectors, switches and everything
inside. I could not find any connection with my actions and
the intermittend shutdowns.

Before I buy the service manual and disassemble the unit,
I would like to ask, if anyone else had this error and could
help me.

Thank you very much.

Bernhard (backs*mailandnews.com)