Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cursitor Doom[_4_] Cursitor Doom[_4_] is offline

Default Supply voltage to overhead 240V mains wiring transformer

On Thu, 03 Sep 2015 13:21:23 +0100, NY wrote:

I'd tend to regard "low voltage" as "definitely capable of being felt
but not lethal", and "high voltage" as a voltage that you have some
chance of surviving an electric shock from. 240V mains gives you a very
nasty belt

Not necessarily. I copped a shock from 240V mains a while back and it was
no more than a strong tingle. It comes down to the individual's skin
resistance and mine (being a bit dry and horny) is a bit higher than
most. Would have been a different story with wet hands, though!