Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cursitor Doom[_4_] Cursitor Doom[_4_] is offline

Default Supply voltage to overhead 240V mains wiring transformer

On Wed, 02 Sep 2015 14:39:26 +0100, Dave Liquorice wrote:

The only glaring error is the use of LV to differentiate 240 from 11 kV.
To the DNO's 11 kV is "LV", I think 33 kV might be be lowest "HV"
but it could be 125 kV.

In the CAT system for grading the safety of DVMs, I often see the term
(for CAT IV) "The source of the low voltage installation" and (CAT II)
"The circuits directly connected to the low voltage installation."
What is meant by "low voltage installation" in this context exactly?
Sounds a very ambiguous.