Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Faraday cage?

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 02 Sep 2015 11:31:10 -0400, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

On Wed, 02 Sep 2015 05:59:06 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

My bank said "Due to security, we have not issued any of these chipped
cards, so all cards issued are safe."

The credit card companies have a zero liability policy and they don't
let you (or anyone) go doing a whole bunch of PIN-less transactions in
a row without checking once in a while.

I think it's safer than cash.

Ditto here. My bank called once and asked "Did you just spend $1,200
at Fifi's Boutique?" After I stopped laughing, she said "I didn't
think so. OK, we'll send out a replacement credit card within a week.
Cut the other one up."

Another time, the card just showed up with a letter saying that they'd
seen some strange activity and swapped cards, just in case. I love my
bank!

--
I hate being bipolar ....... It's awesome!

Had a new card sent to me right after the big "data leak" that Master
Card had. Letter inside said that they were "not sure" if my number was
one of the hacked ones...

One thing I did notice though. My wife has a card through the same bank
as does my FIL. I've made purchases with all three (they like to buy
stuff but don't like using the computer!) All three cards have the same
first number sets. Only the last 4 are different (and the ID number on
the back) So in theory all you need would be to run those numbers
sequentially till you found a sequence that works. With a computer that
wouldn't take long. And with the way the act at checkouts these days
(next time you use a card watch and see if they even look at the
signature)fraud is probably REAL easy.