Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default Faraday cage?

On Wed, 02 Sep 2015 21:02:21 -0700, the renowned Larry Jaques
wrote:

Ditto here. My bank called once and asked "Did you just spend $1,200
at Fifi's Boutique?" After I stopped laughing, she said "I didn't
think so. OK, we'll send out a replacement credit card within a week.
Cut the other one up."

Another time, the card just showed up with a letter saying that they'd
seen some strange activity and swapped cards, just in case. I love my
bank!

Just happened this evening, after I wrote the first response. I was at
the Costco checkout and a call came on my cell phone from the West
coast- it was the bank fraud department (the one that *detects*
frauds, just to be clear) asking if I just spent $1039 at Ryan's Pet
Supply (nope!). I just happened to be paying with the same card!

Funny thing is a somewhat paranoid friend who uses his card for almost
nothing has had this happen too.

--sp

--
Best regards,